St. Joseph’s College – Brooklyn Athletic Facility The Hill Center
LEED for New Construction Gold Certification
- Building Type: Athletic Facility
- Building Size: 3 Story – 44,000 Square Feet
- Location: Brooklyn, NY
- Owner: St. Joseph’s College
- Architect: Bentel & Bentel Architects
- MEP Engineer: AMA Consulting Engineers
- Construction Manager: Racanelli Construction
Selected Sustainability Features:
- 50% Stormwater Reduction – use of underground storage.
- Reduction of heat island effect through use of high SRI value roofing materials.
- Use of low flow/flush plumbing fixtures and native and adaptive landscaping species
- Optimized energy performance through the use of VAV systems, daylight and occupancy light controls, and high efficiency HVAC & DHW equipment.
- High Indoor Air Quality – use of low VOC materials, no added urea-formaldehyde, construction IAQ measures.
- High Recycled Content & Regional Materials – use of environmentally responsible materials.
- Sustainable Wood Procurement – use FSC certified wood.
- Occupant Thermal Comfort & Lighting Control – use of individual thermostats, dimming switches, and task lights.
- Full HVAC&R, DHW, and Lighting Controls Commissioning.