One World Observatory
LEED for Commercial Interiors Platinum Certified
- Building Type: Observatory (Mixed Use Office Retail)
- Building Size: 75,555 Square Feet
- Location: Manhattan, NY
- Owner: Port Authority
- Architect: Montroy | Anderson | DeMarco
- MEP Engineer: AMA Consulting
- Selected Sustainability Features:
- Over 40% reduction in potable water usage
- Over 40% reduction in lighting power density
- Extensive use of ENERGY STAR certified equipment to give the visitors an unforgettable experience while being exceptionally energy efficient
- Extensive incorporation of recycled materials, as well as building materials harvested and manufactured regionally.
- Combination of low-VOC building materials and furniture and excellent ventilation and air filtration infrastructure provides exceptional indoor air quality and occupant comfort, as well as additional ventilation.
- Green cleaning program to minimize negative effects of harsh, corrosive, and caustic chemicals on occupants as well as the environment.
- Low-VOC building materials, paints, and flooring to contribute to maintaining exceptional indoor air quality for occupant comfort.
- Occupant-oriented thermal comfort and lighting design and verification to ensure optimal occupant comfort
- Committed to a multi-year renewable energy contract, showing commitment to supporting clean energy
- Tracked over 90% of construction waste diverted from landfills.
- Development location promotes community connectivity by being situated near multiple subway stations