Columbia University – The Forum
LEED for New Construction Gold Certified
- Building Type: Academic Offices and Conference Center
- Building Size: 57,000 Square Feet
- Location: Manhattan, NY
- Owner: Coumbia University, MDG
- Architect: Renzo Piano Building Workshop
- Architect of Record: Dattner Architects
- MEP Engineer: WSP – Flack + Kurtz
- Contractor: Skanska
Selected Sustainability Features:
- Located in campus targeting LEED Neighborhood Development certification
- Superior water efficiency targeting over 30% reduction in potable water usage and zero potable water used for irrigation
- Extensive incorporation of recycled and regional materials.
- Advanced permanent ventilation monitoring systems to ensure adequate indoor air quality
- Development location promotes community connectivity by being situated near multiple subway station
- Bicycle storage and changing rooms on-site.
- High-albedo roof to counteract the heat island effect.
- Low-emitting materials to contribute to maintaining exceptional indoor air quality for occupant comfort.
- Occupant-oriented thermal comfort design and verification to ensure optimal occupant comfort
- Green cleaning program to minimize effects of harsh, corrosive, and caustic chemicals on occupants and the environment.