City Point Tower One
LEED for New Construction Silver Certified
- Building Type: Residential
- Building Size: 284,541 Square Feet
- Location: Brooklyn, NY
- Owner: BFC Albee Tower One, LLC
- Architect: SLCE
- MEP Engineer: Rodkin Cardinale
- Selected Sustainability Features:
- Developed upon a restored brownfield site
- Over 35% reduction in potable water usage
- Incorporation of recycled materials and building materials harvested and manufactured in the local region.
- High utilization level of FSC Certified Wood to promote sustainable harvesting of wood
- Advanced permanent ventilation monitoring systems to ensure adequate indoor air quality
- High-albedo roof and hardscapes to counteract the heat island effect.
- Low-VOC building materials, paints, and floors to contribute to maintaining exceptional indoor air quality for occupant comfort.
- Environment-conscious lighting design to minimize the negative effects of light trespass and pollution on humans, fauna, and flora.
- Occupant-oriented thermal comfort and lighting design and verification to ensure optimal occupant comfort
- Daylighting to promote occupant health while reducing lighting energy use during the daytime.
- Green cleaning program to minimize negative effects of harsh, corrosive, and caustic chemicals on occupants as well as the environment.